Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Most Popular

What are your hours?
We are open Monday through Friday from 10:00am to 3:00pm (Appointments are available - 9:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday).
Our phone lines are open Monday through Thursday between 10:00am and 3:00pm; Friday between 10:00am and 1:00pm.

Who should I contact in cases of emergency?
If assistance is needed after hours, please leave a detailed voice message on the office answering machine: (301) 583-7755. Calls will be returned within twenty-four hours. In case of an emergency that’s life threatening, medical or fire please call 911.

What is my association fee and where do I send it?
You can find your association fees on your community page.

Maintenance Requests?
Fill out the Maintenance Request form and you will receive a confirmation via email.

General Questions

How do I submit a request for Exterior Modification?

Locate your community; under Resources locate the appropriate form and download it; submit form with all of the required information to RGN Management, LLC; Attention Mr. Marsh.

My car was towed, I need to know why.
Contact the tow company for your community; all towing of vehicles is between the tow company and owner of the vehicle.

I had a break-in who do I need to talk to at your office?

Be sure to report the incident to the police. You can send an email to for informational purposes only.

My neighbor(s) sat their trash out early and now its all over the neighborhood.

If you are able to identify who sat the trash out with an address; send the information to the and management will follow-up with the appropriate action.

Someone has dumped large items in the common area; who do we contact?

If you know who placed it there, send an email to the giving the location of the item, the address of the homeowner and they will follow-up with the appropriate action.

My neighbor lets his/her dog run loose and poop on my grass in my yard and doesn’t clean it up. Who do I report this to?

If you are able to take a photo of the dog in action, please attach it to an email and send it to the for appropriate action.

There is a light(s) out on my street, who is responsible for replacing it? It’s very dark and I feel it’s dangerous.

Fill out the Maintenance Request form and you will receive a confirmation via email.

My parking space number is faded and other people are parking in my space. How do I get it replaced?

Send an email to the which should include your name; address; contact number during the day and the parking space number. A property manager will look into the proper way to have it replaced.

My fence is falling down due to a down tree from the common area. I need someone to come and remove the tree and fix my fence.

Fill out the Maintenance Request form and you will receive a confirmation via email.

I need temporary parking passes because I’m on a payment plan; when can I come to get them?

Please send an email to to set up an appointment prior to the expiration date of your current passes. Making sure the current payment has been made in order to receive the passes.

I need to purchase replacement and/or pick-up new parking passes; what do I do?

Send an email to stating what it is that you are in need of and the time you would like an appointment to pick up the item between 10am & 4pm.

(concerning Maintenance issues listed below)
Burst pipes; water leaks from other homeowner units; grass not being cut; snow removal; leaking sprinkler system; landscaping not being done properly; squirrels in attic; ceiling damages; air conditioner repairs.

Fill out the Maintenance Request form and you will receive a confirmation via email.

We have folks hanging out on porches; in the parking lot/corners drinking, smoking, talking loud, leaving whisky and beer bottles all around all hours of the night. Can’t you all do something about this?

You must contact the local police when this is taking place. You can send an email to and we will forward the information to your Board of Directors.

I’m a new homeowner I need you to get me a mailbox key and tell me my mailbox number. (Or): I lost my mailbox key can you get me another one?

Please contact your local post office and they will provide this information for you.

Account inquiries that dispute a balance due, late fee reduction; payment plans, recording of payments made; want to bring delinquent account current; check not cashed yet.

Please send an email to giving your name, address, daytime phone number where you can be reached and the accounts receivable staff member will be in touch with you.

What is the delinquency rate for a particular community?

Please forward your request by fax (301) 583-7757 or email to where your question can be properly answered.

I need to get a Resale Package and/or PUD Questionnaire/Request for ByLaws

Please visit your community page and follow the directions as posted.

I need a copy of the Master Insurance Policy for a particular community

Please send an email to and include the name of the homeowner; property address and if known the community. Also forward your email address and fax number. The information will be returned to you from the Management Office.

I want to rent the Clubhouse for either Applegate A or Willow Hills Community Service Association

Please send an email which should include your date requested, homeowner name, property address to and the appropriate staff member will get in touch with you to let you know if the desired date is available and the process to follow.

I am a new homeowner and I do not have a coupon book for my monthly payment; what do I do?

Send an email to; giving the property address, your name and the person/company you purchased the house from; along with the date you purchased the property. They will assist you with further details.


How is my assessment determined for my Association?
The Department of Real Estate typically requires an initial budget from the developer for each community that a developer proposes to build. The budget is a set upon specific guidelines for utilities, landscaping, administration, snow removal, etc. Reserve funds are monies set aside for future expenses due to the life expectancy of items such as lighting, parking lot resurfacing, maintenance of Clubhouse, etc. These amounts are then divided by the number of units built in a given phase of the development. Subsequent budgets are developed by the Board of Directors and adjusted periodically to meet anticipated expenses.

Will my assessment go up?
Typically, the Codes provide for annual increases, but not to exceed a certain percentage without the vote of the membership. The Board of Directors may approve an increased budget, increasing your assessment up this percentage in order to cover increased costs and maintaining the common area and sufficient reserve funds.

What happens if I don’t pay my assessment?
The maintenance and management services incurred by the Association are dependent upon the timely receipt of the assessments from each homeowner. Late payments can result in a late charge as assessments are due on the first of the month.

I pay my assessments on time and when I have a problem why can’t I call the members of the Board of Directors directly and have their addresses?
Members of the Board of Directors are decision makers for your Association. It is strictly a volunteer position and receives no pay for this job. RGN Management, LLC represents the Board and your Association, which means they are the contact entity for communications addressed to the Board. Legally, it is not allowed to give out privileged personal information of any homeowner including your Board of Directors information.

What is my assessment?
The assessment is the periodic amount due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common area and provide for reserve funds for replacement of common facilities in the future. Depending on the community you will either receive a coupon book payment book before the beginning of each year; or invoice statements 30 to 45 days prior to the payment date.

I have lost my assessment fee coupon book where do I send my payment?
Contact RGN Management, LLC at (301) 583-7755 or for correct payment instructions.

If I need a copy of my Association documents (Resale Package) how do I obtain a copy.
Visit the website and click on forms; scroll down to the Resale Package Order Form; download it and follow the instructions at the bottom of the form.

How can I find out how my Association dues are being utilized?
RGN Management, LLC can provide you with this information. Your Association has an Annual Meeting where the Board of Directors discusses the financial aspect of the Association with all homeowners in attendance. Each homeowner is sent correspondence by mail 30-45 days prior to the annual meeting date. The correspondence generally includes a nomination form for completion by members of the community for available seats on the Board, a Proxy Form with directions for completion if residents feel that they will be unable to attend the meetings; as well as an invitation enlisting your support of the community by getting involved.

Community Questions

If I am having a problem with a neighbor for a violation of the Policies and Guidelines, what can I do?
The Association is available to you if your can not bring a cooperative resolution to the issue yourselves. If the situation is not resolved through a neighborly means, and you are willing to email your concern to management at; where your concern will be addressed. If the situation is deemed in violation of the Policies and Guidelines for your community, the Board of Directors will institute the enforcement policy. Your continued assistance may also be required.

How does the management company handle issues and complaints?
Complaints are to submitted in writing to the Management Office; stating the problem, identification of the offending homeowner (if applicable), delineation of the date of the offense. Please be sure of your facts before you file a complaint. You may also use the Management email address:

Why is it that when I call to speak to a Property Manager, he/she is not always available?
[rewrite this] The Property Manager is responsible for a mired of tasks for your Association. There are various occasions when they require them to be out of the office. Such issues as weekly inspections, vendor meetings, follow-ups, emergency inspections, and on-site conferences with members of the Board must be addressed by them. The Property Manager could be in the office on occasion, however, unavailable to speak with you because they are on conference calls, conducting business with vendors or other homeowners.

My vehicle has been towed from a visitor’s parking space, who should I call?
Each community generally contracts with a licensed tow company. If it is deemed that your vehicle has in fact been towed for infraction of the parking rules for your Association; you should contact the tow company for your community immediately to ascertain the whereabouts of your vehicle. Tow Company information signs are located throughout the parking lot. It is imperative that you retrieve your vehicle expeditiously so that storage charges will not be added to your tow bill. If you choose to dispute the tow, it is still advised that you retrieve your vehicle and then dispute the situation with the tow company in the correct manner.

Besides parking violations are there other violations that could result in my vehicle being towed?
Yes, infractions such as vehicles parked in a fire lane or near a fire hydrant; occupying more than one parking space; extending beyond parking lines; impeding access to sidewalks, street corner ramps, or mailboxes; alarm security systems that have been triggered for more than 15 minutes. Fines can result from such infractions as parking of commercial and recreational vehicles within the community; making major repairs to vehicles or maintenance; failure to register your vehicle with the HOA; parking of vehicles that extend onto a sidewalk from a driveway pad; and placement of portable storage containers in a visitor parking space with the HOA approval.

Are there any other rules?
Various Associations will develop rules and regulations as provided for in the Association documents. Rules are established to provide direction to homeowners for common courtesies with regard to parking, vehicles, pets, architectural, etc.


What is a homeowners association?
A homeowners association is a non-profit corporation registered with the State and managed by a duly elected Board of Directors which are current homeowners in the community. Its purpose is to maintain all common areas and to govern the community in accordance with the provision of the legal documents which include the Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation and Covenants. The corporation is financially supported by all members of the homeowners association. Membership is both automatic and mandatory.

What is a “management company,” how are they reachable and what is their role?
A management company is contracted by the Board of Directors to provide such services as but not limited to: collection of assessments, supervision of subcontractors, obtaining bids for subcontracted services, providing financial statements and collection reports, as well as a general clearing house for problem solving, communications with homeowners and the Board of Directors and to serve in the capacity of an advisor. The management company reports directly to the Board and all decisions are made by a majority of the Board of Directors. The management company can be reached on line at and/or by calling (301) 583-7755.

What are the Bylaws?
The Bylaws are the guidelines for the operation of the non-profit corporation. The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the BOD; the membership’s voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the Association, as well as other specific items that are necessary to run the Association as a business.

What is the Board of Directors?
The Board of Directors is an elected body comprised of homeowners and elected by the homeowners, or as otherwise specified in the bylaws. The main purpose of this Board is requirement to oversee the business of the Association. The limitation and restrictions of the powers of the Board of Directors is outlined in the Association governing documents. Board also has a fiduciary responsibility to maintain the financial health of the Association and to provide leadership in community affairs as directed by the governing documents. These responsibilities include but not limited to the timely collection of assessments; payments made for services provided to the Association and the general cohesiveness of the community.

Are Board meetings open to all residents? If so, where and when are they held?
Yes. A formal meeting notice is mailed to all homeowners with the required time and place of the meetings.